Welcome to The Versatile Blogger Award! A lovely way to introduce new bloggers and celebrate established ones! (I nearly said 'old ones', but thought best not risk it!) I've got a bit obsessed with blogging since I had to leave my job. I really liked my job, but it just wasn't practical to spend more in busfares than I earned for working there! so it had to go. It's only been a week and I can feel myself going quietly loopy. So, as well as job applications, the blog is giving me some much needed sanity and routine! I've been really lucky, though, because I have met some lovely people who have been so supportive and patient while I work it all out. So, this is my chance to give a little wave to some great blogs that deserve a bit of recognition. But, first of all, the rules...
- You must add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Write 7 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 7 other bloggers.
So, firstly, a big thank you to Clare at The Crazy Perfect and Kirsty at Hijacked by Twins I am very grateful to you both for thinking of me. Now the pic....
Da - Dah!!
So. that just leaves the hard bit, 7 random facts about myself!
- Certain things really annoy me. And I mean proper, irrational, ranty annoy me! Like cold callers, who ring up at tea time and ask me how I am! Really?! Is that the best you can do? Honestly, if you are going to disturb my dinner, uninvited, at least get to the point!! (See?!)
- I love making up silly songs and writing limericks. I went to a comper's meet the other week, where you had to write a limerick as part of one of the competitions. By the time I'd got the train there, I'd written eight! Here is an example; Sometimes it's hard to relate, to my teens when they procrastinate, Their rooms are covered in tat, They've buried the cat, And all I can do is berate! Not exactly Shakespeare, but it keeps me amused.
- I am quite good at Origami. I love Origami. It's amazing to watch a little scrap of paper take on a form all of it's own. Actually, that sounds like a blog post in the making. Right there!
- The underside of mushrooms make me cringe. I've no idea why. It's ridiculous, they're just mushrooms. But there it is.
- I used to be really good at the saxophone. I could well still be, but I had to sell it in 1998 to pay the gas bill.
- I have mentioned before that I like to enter competitions, but you may not know that my first win was £476 in a radio quiz, where you had to answer ten general knowledge questions in under a minute. Not as easy as you'd think!
- I suffer from a lot of throat and ear problems, which I recently discovered were aggravated by an intolerance to dairy. Which is really annoying, because I'm rather partial to chocolate!
Here are my seven nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award
Jo, at Given to Distracting Others
Chris, at Mummy of Three Diaries
Helen, at All the Beautiful Things
Fritha, at Tigerlily Quinn
Sue, at http://dailybrewreviews.wordpress.com
Thank you, and good night!